- About Department
- Subdepartments and Cabinets
- Home Scientific Fields
- Centers and institutes
- Teaching staff
- International cooperation
Institute for Regional and Spatial Planning
The Institute for Regional and Spatial Planning is a scientific research organization of the Department of Geography. The Institute’s activities include the development of scientific and professional studies and research projects of theoretical and applied nature in the field of regional and spatial planning, tourism and environmental protection. Numerous other scientific, professional and project activities are also carried out at the Institute, some of which are listed below:
– Scientific and professional research conducted for the purpose of improving regional and spatial planning (theoretical and methodological framework, institutional, normative and organizational aspects of regional and spatial planning, implementation and monitoring, geoinformation systems and geodatabases, indicator system, etc.);
– Scientific and professional research in the field of physical-geographical aspects of regional spatial planning: geological, geomorphological, climatic, hydrographic, pedogeographic, biogeographical research, etc.;
– Scientific and professional research in the field of socio-geographical aspects of regional and spatial planning, regional demographic trends, spatial development, etc.
– Scientific and professional research in the field of spatial development of special purpose zones (tourism, natural and anthropogenic heritage, etc.);
– Scientific and professional research in the field of sustainable development, protection and improvement of the environment;
– Scientific and professional research of various forms of hazards for the purpose of regional and spatial planning, etc.
– International scientific and professional cooperation;
– Participation in teaching at universities and other forms of education and training;
– Transfer and application of scientific achievements;
– Regional spatial plans;
– Strategies of (sustainable) spatial development;
– Integrated development plans and programs;
– Strategies, plans, programs and policies of sustainable development;
– Strategic assessments and studies on environmental impact assessments;
– Studies on the selection of the most suitable locations for the construction of infrastructure and other facilities, etc.
In addition to the above, the scope of the Institute’s activities includes the provision of scientific and technical support, expertise and reviews. Special activities of the Institute are publishing and staff training in the field of regional and spatial planning.